Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The sun is so bright behind me,
I can't see what's in front of me!

bright lights

It was a really nice morning with the sunrise coming up in my rearview mirror.




Then I was blinded by the brightness glaring into my eyes from my rearview mirror and my side mirrors. Now, I have been accused of loving mirrors, which I cannot deny; but I also wont admit to either. They just happen to be there where I am. Anywhooo, I was struck by the paradox of the light behind me blinding my forward view. Hmmm...how can the light behind me blinding my path in front of me. I guess in actuality, it really isnt behind me, its in front of me because of the mirror's reflected light or the mirror, in spite of being a rearview, is still in front of me. The oddity is that the things from our past can still dishovel our presents or futures depending on how they're "reflected."

shut up and get into the light

The image of ourselves with our reflections may be the truest image of us; our extremes are visible...



Which gets me to another important moment in thought. My Own Worst Enemy. Its not easy being two people, much less several. Since everybody wants to leave some mark of their existence, the painting can get pretty muddy pretty fast. Anywhooo, back to topic, My Own Worst Enemy — the scoop.
“MY OWN WORST ENEMY - Henry Spivey (Christian Slater, “Bobby”) is a middle-class efficiency expert living a humdrum life in the suburbs with a wife, two kids, a dog, and a minivan. Edward Albright is an operative who speaks 13 languages, runs a four-minute mile, and is trained to kill with his teeth. Henry and Edward are polar opposites who share only one thing in common -- the same body. When the carefully constructed wall between them breaks down, Henry and Edward are thrust into unfamiliar territory where each man is dangerously out of his element. “My Own Worst Enemy” explores the duality of a man who is literally pitted against himself. And it raises the question: who can you trust when you can't trust yourself? The series is produced by Universal Media Studios. Jason Smilovic (“Kidnapped”) is the executive producer; David Semel (director of the “American Dreams,” “Heroes” and “Life” pilots) is the director and executive producer. Watch a clip


I had my doubts that I would like the show despite immediately loving the premise. I still dont know that I will like it as much as Fringe; but its holding on well. "Who can you trust when you can't trust yourself?" Can you fight yourself and still win? Isnt it impossible to fight yourself if you are yourself; it never can be completely two entities, just a degree of the one. right? Much like the reflected light from behind; the actions of the past reach into the present and future. Slater is riveting. The show is brilliant! But then, so was William Shakespeare.... There are no new stories; just old ones disguised. But don't let that be a downer; people haven't changed much either....and we still LOVE to be entertained.

!!!
M

No comments: