Thursday, September 11, 2008

Missing...The Twinkle Flicker

glaring from the otherside


Its been a strange morning. I awoke and there was an overwhelming feeling of something missing. Its a missing that wasnt missing the day before; like something got trapped between sleep and wake and didnt make it back through the crack of morning. I watched my cuddly wife make her way to the shower, moving between the light and shadows of morning; so that was fine. Most of my friends seem to be normal; so I cannot account for the "absence in the force" but that doesnt change its existence. I hope it is only an omen of good tidings of change; typically it isnt. I can only feel the perimeter of the absence; I cannot identify its indentation. Hopefully it will all just dissolve away; but thats not typical either. Hence; it is definitely an odd normal day! It reminds me of a Bruce Springsteen song...MISSING!
Bruce Springsteen


Woke up this morning, was a chill in the air
Went into the kitchen, your
cigarettes were lying there
Your jacket hung on the chair
where you left it last night
Everything was in place, everything seemed all right
But you were missing
Missing...
more lyrics


Its a very haunting feeling. Luckily I dont live on feelings but it is certainly an oddness that cannot go without notice. I remember waking but trying to go back to sleep being aware that all of me wasn't there. This should prove to be a very unique day. My iPOD has sealed me off from the rest of the world and its noises echo back and forth between the gulf. Today's soup de jour is a from http://www.binauralbeats.net. It is definitely a day for tunes without words....
music without words


If the stars stopped twinkling; would the night sky be as bright as day noon?

!!!
M

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

It was a weird day, but hopefully it ended up alright.