Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Divine Sadistic




No, not that Devine... My AGFA man was in today and we went about musing as he worked. Tech guys are their own form of genius. They are the McGuyvers of Geek. Anyway, my friend Harry has a son whom he is very proud of and is working on various missions national and international. He recalls some advice he had given his son regarding mean people. He said, "a positive attitude keeps you above the muck. Everybody gets down; but just remember how many people you piss off when you are so positive and you will be right back." I half-heartedly laughed, knowing my mind was trying to wrap or warp around my next blog.




....is the cat nice because she's nice or because she knows her motive.....?



I remember starting a new job and my boss being very ticked off that I was smiling all the time; especially if he was upset. That struck me as odd and a first. It didnt help that I was in a "religious" setting — aren't those the "happy people?" (YES, for those bubble heads wondering and you know who you are; I did and still wear my smiley face shirt). My mind was ignited with his advice. Being a bit off center, I could remember times that I enjoyed how much my smiling demeanor irritated others; I remember the sadistic irony that my pleasure brought pain; even if I wasn't really that happy, I smiled anyway because I enjoyed the thought of my private thrill. That's probably bad isn't it....oops; I'm not asking; nor do I care. Needlesstosay, I try to smile as much and often as possible. Sometimes a wave of "happiness" follows or preceedes me and I like that. There's an "energy buzz" I get from it and I think "they" get from it. It certainly paints the target.

Important Lessons to Remember:
1. Good people arent always happy people.
2. Happy people arent always good people.
3. Good things are often done for bad reasons.
4. Bad things exist for good reasons.
5. Even bad men love their mothers.

Forgive me if I smile harder....



!!!
M


4 comments:

Bendy said...

...and sometimes happy people are good. (well at least 98% in some cases) lol

Andrew Stanfield said...

Great advice. And always timely.

Webcam said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Câmera Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.