Wednesday, January 30, 2008

MadMaximus Thoughts



Maximus Food for Thought... 
Better be wise by the misfortunes of others
than by your own. --Aesop  



Its not that I dont like making mistakes. Its not that I am practically perfect (wink, yes, only kidding; no really). Its not that I dont feel for the poor sap that fails at something for my amusement.

But truth be told, I would rather learn from somebody elses mistakes than my own...call it quantum leaping if you will. Why do I need to experience the mistake if I can gain the benefits of watching someone else's mistake from a safe vantage point that allows the wisdom without the whack. Its not secret that I would be the first to say, ...better you than me...; but I mean that in complete empathy and sympathy and probably selfishness too. (smile...hey, I'm just being honest. That's not a crime yet.) Its even more sad when the mistaker doesnt learn from his mistakes but you do....



!!!
M

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Not learning from mistakes is THE saddest thing that can happen. And though they say the scorched hand teaches best, are they right?