Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Time Travel

Nat King Cole




Well the holidays are upon us and in the soft distance of the roasting fire I can hear that voice of an angel dipped in chocolate crooning away. No Christmas collection could be complete without the sound of Nat King Cole. I dont know that I have ever eaten a chestnut, much less one roasted on a fire; but I am guessing its good. Its just soooo easy to get to busy with the activity of what Christmas has become and lose sight of what it is. Christmas is an expression of a great love between a creator and his creation. It is a symbol of the act of giving; centainly not because of deserving; but out of the love / need to give. Its a time to easily get caught up in who did what last and whose fault was that or I, I, I; but thats not what its all about...besides 70x7 is just the beginning [if you dont know what 70x7 means, then u must not be doing it...so click here; and yes, honestly 5x1 is a bit much for me, but I keep trying after I fail.]

Warm Fireplace Seat



Anyway, theres something very nice about sitting in front of a roasting fire that crackles as you snuggle up with yours and sip warm apple cider as the light dances with the shadows across your faces....its the most wonderful time of the year. I am looking forward to all of that and to catching some unsuspecting chap or chappette to bless. Its funny how it all works out and it does all work out. Hopefully we will also get to visit some old people in nursing homes. If everyday was Christmas; what a wonderful world.......

Louis Armstrong playing







isnt it magic....like time travel! Songs can take us anywhere at anytime any where in time....except the future....

!!!
M

1 comment:

Andrew Stanfield said...

Have a great Christmas, Maxifrog. Hope the weather cooperates tomorrow.