Monday, December 11, 2006

The Smell of Rot; change or be changed...






There are very few things that really ever just stay the same. In fact, the only thing I can find that doesn't change is change! Everything changes one way or the other. Either you change it or it changes you; either way, change wins. I remember being someone who changed often; just for the thrill and the unpredictability it generated by the onlookers. Having tried so many things, I reached a point of pick and choose what to change and/or keep the same. That experience has led me to rely on my instincts almost 99% of the time. Occassionally, I am surprisingly wrong; but I save those for one hand.


It doesn't take long to see beyond a person or situation or location and see, even begin to smell the stench of rot. What do I mean by that? (I thought you would never ask) As change happens, we should begin to notice and evaluate ourselves based on the frequency of situations or consequences ..... common denominators of our character, if you will. I have often been quoted at "fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, I don't think so!" While on the surface it sounds like a good montra; the seductive underbelly breeds a contempt for humanity, a lack of trust (for good) in people and/or life. That's one of my things I have to keep in check. Fruit on a tree that isn't picked, rots. People who don't learn, rot. Minds that aren't fed, rot. Restraint that isn't exercised, rots. So many degrees of rot; but in the end, rot is rot.


Sometimes, its hard to remain positive in any form or fashion. However; that's typically just a "brain trick" — too much emotion in the place of rationale. Those two have to be kept in opposite corners. The skirt of emotion is far too short for the eyes of logic. [...that's another blog for another day...] I hate to see good potiential go to waste; even if its mine. It is hard to stay focused, dilligent, looking for the next or newest piece of knowledge, to maintain a constant mental hunger; but that is what I consider a major dogma of arriving at a "ripe ole age" with very little, if any "rot." Someone once said, "vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others." What an incredible quote. I NEVER want to be blind; I just don't want to only see what is "presented" for me; the art of looking beyond, through and past are FAR more appetising! Cry Havok, and let lose the rotting dogs who love war!


!!!
M

No comments: