Friday, October 20, 2006

Ahhh...Villians of Honor, the Sith






I just recently saw Star Wars III, Revenge of the Sith. Odd as it seems, I have never seen Star Wars or even been able to get deeply into it. I don't remember where I was or what I was doing when the saga began; but I wasn't sitting in a dark theater shoveling popcorn through my lips from the edge of my seat. Nothing personal; just never connected. I was probably working. Anyway... I like the Sith. I like villians with honor. Yes, young Skywalker had to do some terrible things for his immortality, but his seemless union with the Dark Side was fascinating. His descent into darkness not told quite well is a marvelous evolution, dipped in chocolate dark. The sun shines even darker from the unbridled "force" no longer restricted by small minds and inefficeint emotional germs. It's odd to me how his "friends" (the all-knowing Jedi) could never communicate or connect with his true needs or hungers. It's odd how the "common enemy" was able to deliver with a bonus. The "common enemy" was able to show him compassion and confidence and welcome him as a son. Not only was the Sith able to promise power "someday" but to demonstrate power "now" and deliver it a on a silver platter. But best of all, the Sith knew when he was needed and he "immediately" went to claim his fallen herald, even from the clutches of death. Hey, that's cool...who needs a Jedi when there are faithful Sith with far more power and access to more. Ah yes, enter Vader; let the music begin ....

!!!
M

No comments: