Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Isn't It Odd....






Well, yesterday was Independence Day and most folks celebrated with family, fun and fireworks. It wasn't particularly joyful for me. My neighbor came over to tell me the day before that his son was dead. I could not feel right about celebrating next door being aware of his great loss.

As I drove in today, it was raining. My wife had said it was supposed to rain for the next 3 days. After seeing Superman and it's similarity to the Passion; Christ was dead for 3 days and the Trinity is made up of 3 beings--hmmm, how interesting. I couldn't help but wonder if the rain was from the tears of all the fallen who died to ensure and preserve a freedom that so many take for granted. I wondered how many actually thought about them or their families? I hoped that those left behind are not fighting with the government just to get enough money to live each month. I hope all this was just a passing thought only rooted in my own melocholy odd.

M

No comments: